Hoffman’s Wall-Mount Solar Shield extends the life of electrical components by reducing the solar load and minimizing the risk of overheating your automation solution. The patent-pending design shields an enclosure from the top, sides and rear and achieves a high level of solar radiation reduction. Recent solar testing revealed a reduction of internal temperature rise by 56% in a side-by-side comparison of two identical, non-vented, Type 4 enclosures with and without the Solar Shield.
Solar Shield Advantages
Heat buildup from internal components, combined with exposure to direct sunlight, can create a situation of extreme temperature rise and potential component overheating and shut-down. Hoffman’s new Solar Shield offers an additional cooling option for an efficient and economical alternative to achieving thermal benefits.
Additional benefits include:
- No cut out required
- No electricity required
- Additional protection from rain, snow and water infiltration
- Aesthetic design
- Standard stock availability for immediate shipment
The Solar Shield is suitable for many outdoor applications where solar heat gain is a concern.
Application Opportunities Include:
- Outside Plant
- Water Treatment
The Wall-Mount Solar Shields come in 5 standard sizes, ranging from 14”x14”x.9.75” to 28”x 28”x 15.75”. They are constructed of 14 gauge galvanized steel and are painted with durable white powder coat paint; the paint aids in reducing the solar load by reflecting the sunlight. The product is rated UL type 4 and comes with all the hardware needed to mount the solution.
Features and Benefits
- 4-sided shielding, protecting the enclosure from solar load and external elements, such as rain and snow
- White powder coat paint to maximize solar reduction
- Flexible mounting channels to accommodate various sizes of enclosures
- Easy installation, no drilling required
- Versatile design, can mount up to two small enclosures in one solar shield and will work on enclosures with external mounted components
- Patent pending design- unique in the market
To learn more about this exciting new product please click here.