The Panduit® BlackFin™ battery powered crimping tools are the first in industry to meet OSHA requirements as tested to UL60745-1 / CSA C22.2 No. 60745-1 per CSA under file 268531. Panduit® BlackFin™ tools go a step further: these tools are also certified by SiQ to meet IEC / EN 62841-1 which in turn satisfies meeting the requirements of the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. What does this all mean? It means that the end user can be assured that these tools are certified the safest tools on the market. It also means the end user has a fully compliant tool that meets the strictest safety standards on the market today.
In general, these tools provide the following features:
- In-Line Tool Designs – mitigate motion wrist injuries
- Weight Forward Handle Design – provides balanced operation for pistol grip tools
- No-Slip Grips – comprised of soft composite materials, these grips provide secure and comfortable tool operation
- Quick Motor Stop – the motor stops immediately upon release of activation trigger to prevent damage to components or injury to operator
- Audible and Visual LED Warning – signals when crimping operation is complete
- Rotating Crimp Head – this feature facilitates ease of tool operations in constrained spaces
- Auto Piston Retraction – provides visual verification that crimp cycle is complete
- LED Signal Light – notifies when tool requires maintenance to extend life of the tool
The battery powered tools come in versions ranging from 1.7 tons to 15 tons compression force and include varying capabilities including the ability to cut wire, rod or rebar, and of course, crimping a connector onto wire. The tools also come with battery chargers in versions specific to voltage and plug type: standard part number for USA Type A plug; part number with “INT” for EU Type C plug; part number with “UK” for UK Type G plug; part number with “AUS” for AUS Type I plug; part number with “TO” is just the tool and does not come with battery charger, but can be used to replace the tool in any of the other versions.
Take a bite out of the competition and choose Blackfin™ tools today!
Visit www.panduit.com/blackfin for additional information.