ZONEX hinge-cover and screw-cover enclosures are designed for use in applications where “increased safety” protection (Ex e), is required to protect electrical components in Zone 1 and Zone 2 rated areas. These enclosures are not intended for use in explosion-proof or flame-proof (Ex d) applications.
ATEX, IECEX and AEx certified enclosures are available in 3 styles, screw-cover, hinge cover and Metric Hinge cover. These enclosures are available in 2 material types, 316L Stainless Steel and fiberglass; the fiberglass versions are available as a screw cover only.
- Metric Hinge cover versions are available in sizes ranging from 260 x 260 x 160mm to 762 x 508 x 205mm
- Non-metallic screw cover versions are available in sizes ranging from 3 x 3 x 2 inches to 22 x 6 x 3.5 inches
- Hinge-cover versions are available in standard sizes ranging from 12 x 12 x 6 inches to 36 x 24 x 8 inches
- Screw-cover versions are available in standard sizes ranging from 4 x 4 x 3 inches to 10 x 10 x 5 inches
INCREASED SAFETY “Ex e”
At this protection level it is assumed that the hazardous atmosphere penetrates to the enclosure interior and explosion is prevented by ensuring that either in normal operation or under fault conditions:
- The enclosure prevents all arcs or sparks
- The enclosure system ensures that no components, or parts temperatures, exceed the temperature limit of the corresponding temperature class
CERTIFIED FOR YOUR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
ZONEX enclosures deliver a robust solution for termination and junction enclosure applications in potentially hazardous Locations, including:
- Petroleum and chemical processing
- Water treatment processing
- Pharmaceutical processing
- Grain processing
MODIFICATION AND CUSTOMIZATION
Enhanced customization options allow you to specify the exact enclosure solution you need; Hoffman excels at modifying and customizing ZONEX products to your specifications while maintaining ATEX and IECEX certifications. Contact your Local Hoffman sates office or distributor for complete information. Hoffman offers:
- Material changes: Type 304 stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel.
- Gasket changes: High-temperature silicone gasket
- Holes and cutouts
- Accessory Installations
- DIN rails
- Terminal Mock installation and marking
- Side-mount-brackets available
- Ground bars
- Zero to four grand plates*
*Hinge-cover enclosures only
INTEGRATOR PARTNER PROGRAM
In response to the increasing demand for integration of increased safety ATEX/IECEX approved enclosures; Hoffman has developed a certified integrator program that allows approved integration companies to provide value-added enclosure solutions.
Advantages of Integrator Program
- Faster turnaround and lead time
- No re-certification required for lower cost and speed
- Hoffman product extensions and additions quickly added to program
- Partners established in Houston, Singapore, Dubai, Saudi Arabia
Please contact your Graybar Sales rep for more details on how Hoffman can help you meet your Hazardous location requirements.